Sunday, February 28, 2010

Best of the Year

Even though I had already done the best of the decade, I held off on doing 2009 until I saw just a few more flicks. So, in case you haven't had a chance to get out to theaters this year yet, THIS WEEK IS YOUR CHANCE, because the films nominated won't stick around too much longer after the awards next week. Obviously, any of the ten below I would recommend. As you'll see below, there are a few surprises and if any of you want to argue with me...go ahead. :) I purposefully left Precious off the list, only because it seems like one of those movies people won't be talking about in a few years. Already, it's not as widely discussed as it was. It features some good performances, but nothing else is going for it. Shocking movies are only that - shocking.

1. Inglorious Basterds
2. An Education
3. The Hurt Locker
4. Avatar
5. Up
6. Up in the Air
7. Julie and Julia
8. Star Trek
9. The Hangover
10. The Road

No comments:

Post a Comment